Microsoft Azure, previously known as Windows Azure, is the public cloud computing platform of Microsoft. It delivers various cloud services including those for networking, storage, analytics and computing. Users can select from these services to build and scale existing or new applications in the public cloud. Microsoft Azure is considered as both Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering.
Microsoft classifies the services of Azure into 11 major product types namely data storage, web and mobile, compute, analytics, networking, hybrid integration, media and content delivery network, hybrid integration, identity and access management, Internet of things, management and security and development.
|Azure delivers the Internet-accessible application services which are running in the Azure data centers|
1. Compute – These services deliver remote application access, batch processing, containers and virtual machines.
2. Web and Mobile – These services assist the deployment as well as development of mobile and web applications, and also provide the features for API notification, reporting and management.
3. Data Storage – This group incorporates database as a Service offerings for NoSQL and SQL, aswell as cached and unstructured cloud storage.
4. Analytics – These utilities deliver storage and distributed analytics, as well as big data analytics, real-time analytics, data warehousing, machine learning and data lakes.
5. Networking – This class embeds gateways, dedicated connections and virtual networks, as well as the services for load balancing, domain name system hosting and traffic management.
6. Media and CDN (content delivery network) – These services incorporate indexing, media playback, encoding and on-demand streaming.
7. Hybrid Integration – these are the services for connecting public and private clouds, server backup and site recovery.
8. Identity and Access management (IAM) – these offerings make certain that only authorized users can utilize the azure services and help safeguard the encryption keys and other confidential data.
9. Internet of Things (IoT) – these services aid the users analyze, monitor as well as capture the data of IoT from sensors and other appliances.
11. Management and Security – These products aid the cloud administrators maintain their Azure schedule, deployment, create automation and run the jobs. This product group also comprises the capabilities for recognizing as well as reacting to cloud security threats.
Few organizations utilise azure for disaster recovery and data backup. Adding to this, some companies use azure as a substitute to their data centers. Instead of investing in storage and local servers, these companies prefer to run few or all their business applications using azure. Azure was introduced by Microsoft in 2008. It was called as Windows Azure previously but changed its brand name to Microsoft Azure in April, 2014. The public cloud platforms which are the competitors for Azure are Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services. To ensure high availability, Microsoft has placed the data centers of azure all over the world. Microsoft stated that as of January, 2016, there are 22 regions around the world where azure services are available including in the Europe, united States, Brazil, Asia and Australia.
Azure manages the research and clients across the world. With teams of staff on most continents, azure is able to provide on projects in Europe, North America, Middle East, South America and Africa. With its delivery centers spanned across Canada, USA, Europe, China, India and Brazil and partners around the world, Azure provides local knowledge and global reach to enable the smooth running of all the projects. The average salary Microsoft Azure developer in US is $94,000. People are gaining skills in azure because azure is the highest paid Microsoft technology. The demand for azure is sky-high and the salaries are increasing day-by-day due to its increasing demand in today’s IT market. So, get azure training if you are looking for a super-fast career growth.