If you’ve been listening to the news lately, you probably been hearing a lot about the rise of cryptocurrency, mainly Bitcoin and Litecoin which has spread across the world like wildfire. Majority of the people didn’t even know what the term cryptocurrency was, until Bitcoin’s price hike from $1 to $15,000 went viral.
If you just got started into cryptocurrency, it might be hard to take everything in. Another term that you should get yourself familiar with is Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
What is Initial Coin Offering (ICO)?
An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is a way of “unregulated “ fundraising in which funds are raised for new cryptocurrencies and blockchain based projects, similar to that of Initial Public Offering (IPO) in which investors buy the shares of a company or Crowdfunding. Unlike IPO, ICOs deal with supporters that are keen to invest in a new project much like a crowdfunding event with the only difference of expecting something in return (profit). A good example of ICO is Ethereum, which collected around $18m and touched $1bn by the end of 2016.
ICOs are a new concept to the world but have rapidly become popular topic of discussion within the block chain community. Majority think of ICO projects as unethical or unregulated ways that allow founders to raise an unjustified amount of capital, while others view it as innovating.
Most of the times, ICO announcements are made on popular cryptocurrency forums on which the cryptocurrency tokens are launched for sale, as soon as the ICO is launched. Bitcoin is usually the standard currency for ICO.
If you’re thinking about investing in cryptocurrency, ICOs are a great place to start and gain huge amount of monetary gains. But the question is, which ICO to start?
Experty.io – Calls powered by cryptocurrencies
Experty.io brings a new dimension into the consultation market by encouraging cryptocurrency as a payment method on a global scale by creating a flexible and user friendly application that is suitable for wide scale usage.
Experty.io is a block chain based helpline calling application, which allows you to exchange knowledge for money by setting minute rate in which you get get paid for every minute you spend on the call. Transactions happen automatically using cryptocurrencies.
Why use Experty.io?
Experty allows influencer or expert to grant instant access to their knowledge from anywhere in the world to anyone, no matter where you are. This is great for those living in remote lands, where getting professional advice or knowledge is hard.
Experty is user friendly meaning you can start making calls with very little setup. This means that answers from qualified professionals can be obtained at short notice. Per minute rates are set by public experts and refunds are possible, if proper service expectations are not met.
What’s best of all, Experty allows you to be paid instantly for the time you spend on call with the client, without having to rely on a third party service to get paid. Neither do the callers have to pay upfront, as transactions are handled through Experty’s smart contract system.
In simple words, Experty.io allows you to monetize your time and knowledge.
How Experty works
If you’re still confused how Experty works, no worries here’s a much simpler & brief explanation along with a video.
- Expert sets his rate per minute and the advice seeker will be charged that much amount for every minute spent on call. Similar to that of a cab fare, where the driver charges for every minute till he reaches the destination.
- The expert then shares his/her experty profile on various networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter etc. where the advice seeker would be able to find him/her.
- After the advice seeker has gotten the required knowledge from the call, the payment Is made from the advice seeker to the expert via the Ethereum Blockchain instantly.
Who wants this?
Following are few ways you can use Experty.io:
- Advisor – If you’re good at something, never do it for free! Even if it consumes few minutes of your time. Before starting a business or startup, most owners tend to get short consultation from advisors first.
- Medical consultation – Most people are lazy to go to the doctor to ask for consultation, rather they do it from their own home.
- Teachers – Great platform for teachers to provide private classes over calls.
- Popular influencers – If you’re a popular influencer on Facebook, Instagram, Yotutube etc – you can have people contact you for knowledge & time while getting paid.