Want to know how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on Android that have been accidentally deleted?
Who doesn’t use WhatsApp these days? And who doesn’t hate it when they accidentally delete their messages? Here is a Step-by-Step guide to various methods and techniques to retrieve your lost or deleted WhatsApp messages.
When you accidentally delete all your messages on Android
Being a smartphone user is all about being a smart person itself. But to keep the matters straight, you must keep your phone updated at all the times. For the forthcoming method, you must have a back-up of your WhatsApp messages at all the time.
Back-Up WhatsApp messages
For this method, you must have a google account activated on your phone along with sufficient free space on your Google Drive. To back-up your data on WhatsApp, follow the following steps
- Open WhatsApp on your Phone
- Go to Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup
- Tap Back Up
- Your Backup will start automatically. Depending on the size of your data, it takes time to back up your data.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi Connection is on.
Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android
Now since your WhatsApp messages are backed up once, don’t forget to keep your back up regularly updated if you don’t want to lose your important messages. Now to restore the messages from the backup, simply follow these steps:
- Uninstall WhatsApp
- Install WhatsApp again
- When installing again, don’t forget to mention your Google Activated mobile number and account details
- You will be prompted to choose between restoring your data or using WhatsApp directly
- After you choose to restore option, you will land into your deleted messages
- Once done, your WhatsApp will start again right from the place where you finished
“This Method is more suitable for advanced users”
In order for this method to work, make sure that your WhatsApp messages are securely backed up. Now if you are sure that your WhatsApp messages are securely backed up, follow the steps below:
- Connect your Android smartphone to your computer or laptop.
- Go to the location where you have installed your WhatsApp on your phone. It may be your phone’s internal memory or your external SD card. In either case, all you need to do is go to WhatsApp folder, select Backups folder. Inside the folder, you will see your backup.
- To restore it to another phone, simply delete WhatsApp on the other phone, and copy that back up to the other phone. Now while Installing WhatsApp again, follow the steps mentioned in method 2.
Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android sent by others
You’re probably aware of the new update on WhatsApp which allows you to delete WhatsApp Messages from other phone so that the message is deleted before the person even gets to read it. Ever wondered what was in that message that your friend deleted before you can read that? Maybe there was something embarrassing or something that you might not know. Some gossip or some fruitful talk. It may be a confession about something that she lied about. Maybe those messages have some dark secret about your friendship.
No need to wonder about all these possibilities now. You can have all those messages retrieved by following these simple tricks and steps. Although there is no direct method to do so, we will guide you through this trick as well.
- First of all, download an app that allows you to save notifications. E.g: Past Notification
- After you have downloaded one of such an app, open it
- After Opening the App, enable ‘Notification Access’ for that app. No need to search for it. The app will prompt you directly
- Now each time you get a notification, it will be saved by this app. So even if the sender deletes the message, the notification will be there.
- Although this trick doesn’t work for pictures or other media, we are working on that too
- All you have to do is just check the time of the message that is deleted and navigate to that particular notification. Opening the app, you will find the missing content over there.
- Storing all these notifications will affect the storage space of your phone memory. So it is better to keep deleting the messages as per the need for your phone
- These types of apps are called ‘Notification Log Apps’.
Join 34,886 other members in receiving the greatest content + freebies/discount offers about Mobiles, Android & iOS apps straight to your inbox.